Pupil funds and loans are meant for pupils who’re studying at e.g. college university, college or vocational university. You can also apply for student grants and loans for studies at compulsory and upper secondary level at Komvux (adult education college) or folk high school if you are over the age of 20.
Dining dining Table of articles
- Information as a result of Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you are able to get
- Demands and conditions
- Application, research assurance and repayment
- Offer notification if you then become sick or if any such thing changes
- Repaying the learning pupil loan
- Appealing against a determination by CSN
Pupil grants and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English speech
The loan you have to repay. You are able to decide to use entirely for the grant, should you not wish to simply take a loan out. The mortgage features a low-value interest and doesn’t need any safety, and you’re in a position to repay it over a period that is long. In 2020, the interest price is 0.16 percent.
Information because of the Corona virus
Read more about how exactly the Corona virus affect the learning pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you are able to get
just How big the funds and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
- your price of study (full-time or part-time)
- the amount of months you’re learning for
- how big is your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 months, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans as you are able to submit an application for
Some students can get more grants or borrow additional money.
- For those who have custody of kids beneath the age of 18, it is possible to make an application for additional son or daughter allowance.
- You can apply for a supplementary loan if you have worked in the past and received a certain minimum income. You’ll get this as of the 12 months you turn 25.
- If you should be their studies at compulsory or top secondary degree and satisfy particular conditions, you may possibly receive an elevated grant aspect in your pupil help. It is possible to get this if you should be learning on a complementary programme that is educational up to a subject teacherâ€™s degree. Once you make an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you’re eligible for the increased grant, which means you do not need to make an application for it.
- You can in certain cases apply for an additional loan if you have additional costs associated with your studies. As an example, you might have expenses for dual housing or even for particular trips.
In case your income surpasses the income restriction
The earnings restriction temporarily eliminated during 2020
As a result of the Corona crisis the earnings restriction is temporarily removed during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means that your income during 2020 will perhaps perhaps not influence just how much pupil funds and loans it is possible to get.
You could get earnings up to and including amount that is certain your pupil funds and loans being affected. The earnings restriction is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. If the income surpasses the earnings limitation, you aren’t eligible for the level that is same of and loans.
The earnings limitation depends upon just just just how several weeks you might be learning for and whether you might be learning full-time or part-time. The income limit is SEK 90 075 for example, if you are going to studying full-time with student grants and loans for 20 weeks in a calendar half-year. You is able to see your income limitation into the choice you have from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different needs and conditions must be pleased to ensure that one to be entitled to student help.
- The training you shall be attending must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You really must be registered in your courses.
- Your studies must certanly be at the minimum 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the minimum three months.
- You really must be below the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the 12 months you turn 47.
- you’ll not get particular other advantages during the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for instance task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- You’ll just get pupil funds and loans for the amount that is limited of. How long is dependent upon the training level which is why you’re learning:
- University university, college or various other education that is post-secondary a optimum of 240 days
- Upper level that is secondary a optimum of 80 or 120 days, dependent on your past training
- Compulsory college degree: a maximum of 40, 80 or 100 months, according to your past training and exactly what you’re learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. The needs credits that are regarding according to which program you might be learning.
- For those who have unpaid yearly charges or needs for longer than one duration, may very well not get pupil funds and loan. Contact CSN to learn more.
- If you’re likely to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for international residents
If you’re a international resident, you have to satisfy unique conditions to be entitled to Swedish pupil finance. When you yourself have a permanent residence license and reside in Sweden, you certainly will frequently be entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
Because you have refugee status or similar, you are also usually entitled to Swedish student finance if you have received a temporary residence permit from the Swedish Migration Agency.
In addition, various rules use dependent on whether you might be a resident of a nation within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.