Today’s contemporary domiciles will normally have a more recent 4 prong energy socket on the wall surface for the dryer to connect into. This is certainly now the conventional in the us and is safer as compared to older 3 prong. So, if you purchase a somewhat older dryer that nevertheless makes use of the 3 prong cord, you’ll encounter this predicament. What now ?? You’ve got 2 options…
Option 1 – You can employ an electrician that is professional install a whole new 4 prong power cord on the dryer. An electrician will often charge around $80 bucks to put in a power that is new on the dryer. Expert installation will not usually range from the price of a fresh 4 dryer cord that is prong https://www.hookupwebsites.org/friendfinder-x-review. A 4 prong 30amp 250v dryer cord will often price around $15 to $25 dollars if you purchase it your self. In the event that you should be calling an electrician to put in the cord, it may possibly be cheaper to help you choose the 4 prong dryer cord ahead of time. This could help you save around $40 bucks according to exactly exactly what the electrician will charge for the power cord that is new.
Choice 2 – The other option would be to get a fresh 4 prong dryer energy cord and do the installation yourself. When you yourself have electrical experience this work should take around half an hour. But we suggest to employ an electrician whenever working with a predicament similar to this. If utilizing a specialist electrician is certainly not possible then continue reading. When you have to install the latest dryer cord yourself, be sure to work with a UL indexed 4 prong replacement dryer power cable with flanged spade terminals for simple and fast connections.
This video to get an idea of what is involved to change the power cord yourself, first watch. Always power that is disconnect doing virtually any repairs for an appliance!
- Choose the correct dryer energy cable.
- FOR PROTECTION: visit the dryer manufacturer’s web site and locate the wiring diagram about how to connect the cable properly. The replacement cable you purchased might also have “How To Wire” diagram about it additionally. The dryer may say on the also back just exactly what color and where in actuality the cables link.
- Turn from the breaker to your dryer.
- Unplug the dryer cord from energy.
- Get access to the dryer by sliding it out carefully.
- Get behind the dryer and take away the terminal block access panel (small panel with often one screw securing it).
- Loosen the screws keeping the cord wires in the terminal block.
- Detach the old cable cables.
- Loosen the screws regarding the cable stress relief.
- Slip the old power cord out and take away entirely.
- Slip the brand new cord into spot.
- Connect and tighten the brand new cord cables regarding the terminal block precisely and based on the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Tighten the screws in the cable stress relief (in the event that cord that is new a newer stress relief, use that certain as opposed to the old one).
- Reinstall the terminal block access panel.
- Plug dryer cord to the wall surface outlet for the dryer.
- Start the breaker into the dryer.
- Testing the dryer to make sure it operates and gets temperature.
three to four prong cord installation on a dryer that is electric